Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rocky Mountain National Park...If only people were allowed to live there.

So, I just spent another amazing day in Colorado. First, Erin Graham and I went to Calypso Cascades, which is a really cool waterfall-like thing, and its in the Southern part of Rocky Mountain National Park. But the coolest part was that we didn't just go to Calypso Cascades. We climbed up to the top where the stream flows downward. It was so awesome. It was just so quiet and very untraveled. I tried to cross the falls on these wet rocks and I fell off of one and fell on my butt. It was really quite painless, but I could have been hurt a lot worse, or have fallen into the current. But, as it was, I didn't get hurt. (Pictures will be on facebook, don't worry.)

Then, to top it off, we went up Trail Ridge Road (The road that runs through the whole park, that reaches an elevation of 12,000 ft. The highest paved road in the U.S.) to watch the sunset over the mountains. Oh....my.....God!!!! It was the most amazing thing I had seen in the longest time, and it was freezing!!! But, the sunset was full of pinks and oranges and again, I was blown away.

There will be pictures on facebook. So, this is what moves me, this is what I live for. I know this post is not saying much, but this was fantastic and amazing and it was pure beauty. And I write about this stuff all the time. I miss you Columbia people. Have an awesome day!

2 comments:

breezylucia said...

you were blown away?!?! oh no!!!

:)

Fodoz said...

nick, i'm glad you write about these things all the time. i love reading about what you see as beautiful and i love agreeing whole heartedly. you couldn't see me but when i was reading this post, i was nodding with a significant fervor. i also feel that things i say or tell people about or write about is the same thing all the time, about the beauty and breathtakingness of things, but it's a genuine feeling every time! you can count on me to believe you every post. :)