Monday, June 16, 2008

So...I have a blog now, which I am very excited about, just so you all know. It's really boring right now, but I promise I will make it more exciting soon. 

So I am actually going to post something for my first post rather than just an intro. So lately my thoughts have been leaning towards how I really want to be passionate for God and how I've just been coasting lately. I was very relieved to have a break from the end of school to this week. Last school year just left me really tired, not so much from academics, but emotionally due to a lot of struggles I had. But I have had a good chance to rest. I moved off-campus, which I feel like will help immensely and I am just happy right now. I feel like I'm being held accountable now, and really challenged to push myself to live more fully for God. I've also made some awesome new friends, and overall, I'm just glad that I stayed in Columbia this summer. 

I realized the advantages of just having rest. By being in Columbia, I am just able to rest. I am not trying to push myself too hard for once. But, at the same time I think God can work here like he could have worked wherever else I could have ended up this summer. I just pray that he'd really work through me to do great things this summer. 

So, I have an idea for this site to be a place where I publish my poetry. I've only written one thing in the past two weeks, but I feel encouraged to write more, because I've just had a lot of good poem-worthy experiences lately. Oh, I also want to do a discovery of the week for music, because I love finding new artists that I like. This week will be starting off with Matt Costa. He's is a folksy, acoustic singer/songwriter along the lines of jack Johnson with a Beatles twist. Picture music for a Wes Anderson film (Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums) and you'd get this guy. I love it. If you love that kind of stuff, check him out. 

Okay, I'll edit this later, but I've gotta go work for "the man". I look forward to future blogger experiences. 

2 comments:

Fodoz said...

A) who is the man, and why are you always working for him?

B) i'm excited to read some of your poetry! we should have a reading, for real. we have to build up enthusiasm for the literary arts!

Anonymous said...

"Joan, what you need to focus on is not the presence of a man in this room, but on the lack of your mother's presence in your poetry."

Just a little snippet from Running with Scissors to encourage your blogging efforts. :)