Hey, so all of you should check out my interview at www.missourireview.com. I interviewed the short story author, Molly McNett. The interview is fascinating filled with info on the life of a writer and we talk about her discussion of having faith and believing in her stories. (Not necessarily a religious faith, but belief nonetheless.) SO, check it out to support yours truly and tell me what you think. I am so excited about this!!!! Also, here is my latest poem. I have had the idea for it since Colorado LT summer of '07, when I was inspired by this guy playing guitar.
Communion
He is strumming.
On a bench outside my cabin.
He is strumming on his guitar, crying out in passion to his God.
I am intruding.
I hear the creak of my footsteps on floorboards.
I am an intrusion gracefully encased in wood and glass.
I wish to be his fingers.
To brush against the strings and throb
I wish to be his fingers, scraped, battered into submitting his heart.
I want to speak his language.
Translate lyrics between two souls
I want to speak his language, to sing backup, together, we could both let go of our hearts.
He is preparing to leave,
I wonder if he felt our shared communion.
He is preparing to leave, having warmed up our bread and boiled our wine.
He has already gone.
His voice echoes, ricochets within this hollow cave.
He has already gone, I am shattered and splintered within.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow Nick, I really loved this. (Random stalker comment, Boo!!! ...it's Beth. No need to be too unnerved.) Nice work!
Post a Comment