So, I am leaving to go to the airport in about an hour. I am so unbelievably excited!! Packing was a lot more stressful than I thought, especially with my mom, who insists that I take everything.
But, we got it all in, and 2 checked bags, plus my backpack later, we've made it (although I could pull a muscle with the heaviness of my bags). I am actually doing this. I am living in London for 3 months. Awesome! I have a feeling, there will definitely be some good stories to come out of this.
Lately, I've been reflecting on why I'm going, why this trip means so much to me.
I feel like this trip is a culmination of all the work I've put in to make myself a more independent, confident, and adventurous person. I feel like Europe is like my blog title "Chasing Sunsets", because I am going after and seeking out the beautiful, I am seeking my purpose and a sense of exploration of the unknown. For most of my life, I've really relied on other people to get me by, to push me to pursue a goal, or to take a risk, but not this time. This time, this trip is my idea, and I'm not going to back down from it because of the risks involved. I need to go on this trip for me. To do something for myself, to find out who I am without other people influencing me.
I am going because I need to figure out me. And some people probably aren't going to like what results from this, but if I don't go, then I risk losing myself in what other people think and this trip is going to give me loads of chances to think for myself and to be free to be me. This is why I'm going, because I want to get a better understanding of who i want to be. I'll let you know when I find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So I just read that you are going to Europe! How exciting and I'm so happy for you! Are you taking any classes over there or just traveling, mission tripping, or any other purpose for this trip besides "self-finding"? PS- I miss you! I hope that God is taking your life in a wonderful direction and that you are super jolly!
I am so super excited for you and all of the things that God has to show you during your crazy adventure! What a wonderful, challenging, and exciting adventure it will be!! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment